Treating you fairly
Our Customer Charter sets out our promises to you.Check it out
How are we doing?
We’re open and honest about how we’re doing, and you can keep track of our complaints performance in accordance with OFGEM's quartely reporting requirements.
How we record complaints
We record all the complaints we receive. Some are 'expressions of dissatisfaction' and others are formal complaints. We record the reasons for the complaint and use this information to build our Our Customer Charter which outlines what we've done to improve and what we've got planned.
How do we compare?
We tend to receive complaints from around 2-3% of our customers on a quarterly basis (you can see our latest figures below). If you're comparing this with other energy suppliers you'll see that we perform very well on a like-for-like basis.
Speedy resolution - what really matters
Energy companies report a number of different figures when it comes to complaint reporting. The most important one for us, because it's the most important for our customers, is how fast we resolve any issues. Our commitment is to respond to your complaint within two business days, outlining the main issues that you’ve highlighted and what we’re doing to address them. If there’s been a delay we’ll always contact you to let you know what’s happening and how long it’s going to take.
You'll see from our figures that we resolve around 7/10 issues within 24hrs and we're aiming to get this even higher.
Annual complaints - 2016
Here's a summary of the complaints we handled over the 12 months that ended 30 September 2016*.
- We received 1,012,991 contacts from our customers
- During that time 9,813 or less than 1% of our customers made a 'statement of dissatisfaction' - which is the industry definition of a complaint.
- Of those, 2,521 were not fully resolved by then end of the next working day after they were received. Instead these took a little longer, as more investigation was needed.
Quarterly complaints reporting
We publish these figures openly on our website so you can compare how many complaints we get compared to other suppliers.
- 2016, Quarter 3 - Click to download
- 2016, Quarter 2 - Click to download
- 2016, Quarter 1 - Click to download
- 2015, Quarter 4 - Click to download
- 2015, Quarter 3 - Click to download
- 2015, Quarter 2 - Click to download
- 2015, Quarter 1 - Click to download
- 2014, Quarter 4 - Click to download
- 2014, Quarter 3 - Click to download
- 2014, Quarter 2 - Click to download
- 2014, Quarter 1 - Click to download
- 2013, Quarter 4 - Click to download
If you’ve got any feedback about your experiences or any suggestions for the future we’d love to hear them.
* These annual customer complaint figures have been published in line with Complaint Handling Regulations set down by Ofgem, the Regulator for the gas and electricity industry. You can read the Complaint Handling Regulations here.