Warm Home Discount
Notice for customers
Spark is a group of companies which was set up over ten years ago to provide a range of services including energy, broadband and home move assistance.
The part of our group which supplies gas and electricity to homes across the country - Spark Energy Supply Limited – will be unable to continue supplying customers due to increasingly tough trading conditions in the energy industry.
Our other group companies are operating as normal.
If you’re a domestic energy customer of Spark:
- Ofgem, the energy regulator, is appointing a new supplier for you.
- Your energy supply will continue, uninterrupted. You’ll not be cut off…and you don’t need to do anything at all in the meantime.
- Any money and credit balance on your Spark account is safe and will be transferred to the new supplier, once selected by Ofgem.
- When appointed, your new supplier will soon contact you to discuss any direct debit arrangements.
- If you pay on receipt of a monthly bill, please continue to pay as normal.
- If you have a prepayment meter, please top up as you would normally.
- Please continue to provide meter readings.
Ofgem's advice is not to switch, but to sit tight and wait until the new supplier has been appointed. This will help make sure that the process of transferring over to a new supplier, and honouring credit balances, is as hassle free as possible.
If you are a commercial Spark Business Utilities customer, please visit www.sparkbusinessutilities.com. This service is operating as normal.
Citizens Advice can also be reached on 03454 04 05 06 or via webform.